background_other_pages_03-04 background_other_pages_03-04 banner_master_page-02 header-bk background_other_pages_03-04

Private Clients / Developers


Whist Ivy Legal specialises in assisting local authorities we also act for private individuals and developers on planning & planning enforcement matters where we do not have a conflict of interest.




As the planning system grows ever more complex, it is becoming increasingly difficult to navigate a way through the system to achieve your desired outcome. Whether it be small scale domestic development or a large scale mixed use scheme, our knowledge and wealth of experience in dealing with the planning system is available to help you with the following:-


The compilation, submission and management of planning applications and certificates of lawfulness;

Planning appeals (written representation, hearings and inquiries);

Advising on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)

Appearing and making representations at Planning Committee meetings;

Advising, negotiating and drafting s106 agreements;

Compulsory Purchase Orders and Compensation;

Pre-application discussions;

Site appraisals;

Advising on Permitted Development Rights;

Listed Building, Conservation & Heritage Advice;

Trees & Nature Conservation


Planning Enforcement


Whether you have received an initial letter from the Local Planning Authority or have already been served with a Planning Enforcement Notice we aim to assist you to resolve the situation.

The Government's advice to local planning authorities in respect of unauthorised development is that negotiation is the preferred route, with formal action to be used only as a last resort. Enforcement action is discretionary and in our experience, early intervention and negotiation can resolve the matter.

Our team are experienced in negotiating with local authorities and planning officers. We understand planning law and unlike most other planning consultancies offer the advantage of having both experienced chartered planners and qualified planning solicitors at our disposal which puts us in a prime position to deliver a satisfactory outcome.

In the event that the local planning authority has taken formal enforcement action against you by way of service of an Enforcement Notice you have the right to make an appeal. Failure to act upon an Enforcement Notice can result in court action by the local planning authority leading to substantial fines and a criminal record.

Our team’s proven track record in dealing with enforcement appeals means we can assist you whether the appeal is heard by way of written representations, hearing or at a public inquiry.


We are also able to advise and assist if you have been served with any of the following:


Planning Contravention Notice (PCN)

Stop Notice

Temporary Stop Notice

Breach of Conditions Notice (BCN)

Listed Building Enforcement Notice


Section 215 notice