In September every year, we host an Introduction to Planning Enforcement course at our offices in Central London. This year our course will take place on the 18th September. Please Email us to sign up to our September 2020 course; the details of what we aim to cover on the day are included below.
The course fee is £280 plus VAT.
We also offer bespoke training to local authorities which involves coming to your offices for a day and presenting on the above and any other topics you require.
To reserve a place for this course; please enter your name, position, local authority name, line manager and what you hope to learn from this course
Introduction to Planning Enforcement
1. Fact-finding. Defining development, identifying the planning unit, the need for permission
2. Powers to investigate
3. Remedies- notices & injunctions
4. Prosecution & Proceeds of Crime confiscation orders
Getting the notice right
1. Breaches of planning control
2. Investigating breaches
3. Drafting enforcement notices
Advanced Planning Enforcement
2. Gypsy & Travellers
4. Shisha lounges
Planning Enforcement Prosecutions
1. Gathering evidence
2. Drafting your witness statement
3. Giving evidence (practical)
4. Confiscation orders